Friday, November 22, 2013

Thoughts of Reinventing

Today, I found myself in the Doctor's office after a week long nasty battle with the sickness in my body. I thought it was the flu - after all I'd had it before even though it felt a little different.  Turns out it was all from the lack of allergy prep I did this year (again).  Only two weeks ago, I'd had an allergic reaction, then another last week.  So my body probably was just trying to get rid of all of it once and for all.  This was a new look of a cold for me and it got me to thinking about how to reinvent me.

A moving from a cold to life seem like attempting to jump the Grand Canyon but it really makes sense.  See, I'm not who I was 4 years ago or even 7 years ago, when I bought my first house.  Things have certainly changed but instead of being the person that makes things happen for themselves I've slipped into being one that allows things to happen to them.  I've accepted nothing paying jobs that didn't help improve my situation just to say I had one and was doing something.  My bank account even today is in the negative and credit cards overdrawn trying to just handle two or three bills.  And I recently lost the aforementioned first house to foreclosure trying to play the way everyone else thinks I should.   Admittedly, it just hasn't made me very happy.

So reinventing = doing me.  I clearly can not do any worse right now than I have been doing.  What does it look like?  Well, writing, every single day for blogging, somehow, whether it's posting here or on something else.  And working on script pages.  Also, doing things to further my writing like applying to Juilliard (certificate) and Southern Illinois University (Ph.D) - which is interesting because now I am thinking about the Ph.D (thoughts for another post).  Then there is losing a couple pounds too because my scale is clearly broken - about 10 pounds off in the wrong direction!  The final big thing of reinventing myself, getting a little income, maybe starting a movement of some sort that could take off or finally getting into crafting.  The main goal: by next year this time, finally being out of this rut, and what I hope to be.



No comments:

Post a Comment